Gloria Dei Lutheran School Enrollment Policy
Gloria Dei Lutheran School is a Church School maintained and supported by Gloria Dei Lutheran Church primarily for the training of the children of Gloria Dei congregation. It also serves in the building of the congregation and in the propagating of its philosophy of Christian education. Children are admitted only as facilities are available, and when enrollment of the child would seem to benefit the child or would seem to be of future benefit to the church.
Pupils in any of the following categories, who have enrolled in previous years will be given preferential treatment in regards to enrollment.
Priorities governing the enrollment of a child in general are:
- Children from the congregation
- Children of un-churched parents who intend to join Gloria Dei.
- Children from sister congregations of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
- Children from other churches
Non-members help to support the school through tuition, however, experience has shown that the church must still bear an additional amount of the cost of each non-member pupil. Admission of non-members children, therefore, is contingent upon the financial ability of the church to assume these extra obligations.
Gloria Dei Lutheran School is dedicated to the complete training of the child, mental, religious, and moral. Where the home does not work in harmony with the schools principals, we do not feel justified in enrolling the child, nor thereafter have him continue in the school.
It is the policy of this school to insist on regular church attendance on the part of the children of members as well as those who have no church affiliation. Children from other churches are required to attend services in their own church regularly.
Gloria Dei Lutheran School is not equipped to serve as a disciplinary school or a school for children with special needs. Such cases need specialized care. All pupils are on a five month probation, at the end of which time a permanent status shall be given by the Board of Education and the principal.
Gloria Dei Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, and athletic and other school administered programs.
The principles governing the enrollment of pupils are:
- Parents must be motivated primarily by the religious features of the school
- Parents must agree to have their children submit to the religious instruction of the school
- Parents must have the intention of going along with the religious program in its entirety
- Parents must have and give assurance that they will cooperate with the school in every way
- Parents must give assurance that the child(ren) is (are) not a special case or problem case with which we are unable to cope, or whose presence is detrimental to the other children.
- Parents are informed that the enrollees acceptance is conditioned upon meeting the qualifications outlined above, and upon the amount of classroom space available and upon the financial ability of the congregation to assume the additional responsibility.
- Due to room size, there will be a maximum of 25 pupils per room.