Technology Use Agreement
Computer Lab Acceptable Use Policy
Computer labs are special places filled with lots of expensive and fragile equipment. In order for the computer lab to maintain the equipment and an excellent learning environment we need to establish guidelines for behavior in the computer lab.
Read This List of Rules Carefully
All students will be responsible for knowing and understanding the rules. If a student does not follow these rules they will not be allowed to use the computers. Your signature on the attached sheet is a promise to obey the rules. Observance of the rules ensures that all students are responsible users of this wonderful tool.
- Students are not permitted in any computer lab without an adult.
- No gum, food, or drink in the lab.
- Do not touch the computer until invited and sit quietly until you understand what is expected.
- Listen to directions. Stop work if teacher asks for attention. Listening to directions will increase your ability to be successful.
- Never touch another student’s computer. If you are helping, guide them using words.
- Just as in any other classroom students should stay in their seats. Raise your hand if you have a problem, never walk up to the teacher.
- Only use the internet as instructed. You may not use school computers to write or receive e-mail messages, use chat rooms, update or respond to non-school related blogs or surf the internet. Do not click on links that seem suspicious or are offers of “free” anything.
- Do not use the mouse or keyboard as a toy. This means do not randomly click on the mouse or hit the keys on the keyboard without purpose.
- Do not change computer preference settings or navigate into unauthorized areas.
- When class is over, close all programs/windows, stand when asked, and push your chair into desk.
Jesus replied: “’Love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” – Matthew 22:37-39